To equip and empower others to reach and serve the world as Christ’s ambassadors.
Snapshot of Upcoming Special Events
- The Wellsters - Parents Night Out - Saturday, December 8th from 7:30-9:30 pm - Provided at Laura and Dallas Scott
- Christmas Eve - Working out details for Christmas Eve with The Well Congregation.
- Women's Evening of Worship - Pink Night - A Heart of Worship featuring a Message from Kari Jobe Thursday, January 17 at 7:00 pm. Please contact Sharon soon if you are interested in attending. She said she has a few more seats available.
This Coming Sunday, December 9th - Reaching the Lost - Service at 5:30pm
As we approach Christmas in 2012 it is saddening to see this celebration, that was once centered on the birth of the savior of the world, continue to move toward the celebration of everything but Christ. As a church, how are we to respond? Our response must be to let other's know the real reason for Christmas. If the church isn't communicating this, no one is.
Let this be a time to bring the good news of the Savior of the world to the lost world! Let us celebrate Christ in a way that outshines the Christmas lights and the shiny bows.
This coming Sunday, Pastor Tim will continue the study of "Reaching the Lost". We will continue studying the parables of Matthew 25, which gives us a good understanding of Jesus' expectations for His followers.
Study notes from last week's message can be found at
Outreach Discussion This Coming Sunday
As the body of Christ, we are called to help those in need. If there is anyone you may know who is in need of a hot meal, a little extra help on a bill or any other need that we might meet, please come prepared to discuss this Sunday.
James, the Apostle and brother of Jesus writes in his letter...
"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?" (James 2:14, NIV).
Let us be the Salt and Light that Jesus calls us to be!
In addition to helping local families, we are also considering partnering with other mission opportunities. The following are some of the opportunities that we are considering.
- Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s Purse) http://www.samaritanspurse.com/index.php/OCC/index
- Help the homeless through Our Calling, a DFW based homeless assistance program http://www.ourcalling.org/
- Purchase all or part of a water well in Africa (and/or other gifts in the “gift catalog”) – through World Vision and/or Samaritan’s Purse
- Provide food for the homeless on/around Christmas
- Donate stuffed animals & books to a worthy cause or to worthy kids/families
We are planning to start a series by Jimmy Evans titled Marriage On The Rock. This teaching series will be held on Saturday's. We have not yet set a start date, but are currently seeking those who are interested in participating in this powerful marriage enrichment program. We will probably start this series in Jaunary.
A few Sundays ago, Hugh and Kimberly Gall gave their testimony of how this program has helped them and many other couples come back into a strong marriage that is centered on Jesus Christ. Whether you are married, in a relationship, thinking about marriage, in a good marriage, or a struggling marriage, this program will be good for you.
A quick synopsis:
Marriage On The Rock clearly details God's principles that will turn disillusioned, divorce-bound marriages into satisfying dream relations.
Marriage On The Rock will show you:
- Why no human being can meet your deepest needs
- The secret of a solid marriage
- The four foundational laws of marriage
- What the Bible says about the roles of husbands and wives
- How to understand and meet your spouse's needs
- The five essential skills for maximum pleasure
Please prayerfully consider going through this program. You will not be disappointed!
Multiplying The Well
The Well Church of Lewisville is based on a multiplication strategy, as demonstrated with the first church in the book of Acts. Our goal is to create a network of "cell churches" throughout the metroplex and beyond. We are currently looking for those called into ministry to be part of this exciting opportunity. If you, or anyone you know, has a calling to lead a small ministry and are looking for a place to serve, please contact Pastor Tim or Pastor Josh.
Please continue to pray for Kimberly and Hugh Gall as they are considering starting a Cell Church in their home and will be part of The Well.
Please Consider How You Can Help
At The Well Church of Lewisville, one of our primary objectives is to feed and clothe those in need, to take care of the orphans and widows, and to show the love of Christ to a fallen world. To accomplish this, it takes everyone of us! We are asking each of you to prayerfully ask the Lord how you might help us reach the lost, the hurting, and those in need. With that said, please consider a monetary gift to our ministry. 100% of what we receive will be used to help those in need through missions support, outreach and disaster relief. If you would like to see how our funds have been used, please contact Pastor Tim and he will gladly share a copy of our financial report.