About Our Church Service
Cell Church Ministry - Strengthening, Encouraging, Empowering
The Well Church of Lewisville is first focused on relationships, with Christ, and with each other. With that focus in mind, our Sunday services are a little different than most. Instead of meeting in a church building, we meet in the home. This church model has been given several names such as, Home Church, Simple Church, Organic Church, and Cell Church. We use the term "Cell Church" or "Simple Church" because we believe it relates more to the New Testament church model (Acts 2:42-47). Several reasons we meet in the home are:
(1) The home church can focus on relationships, outreach, and the building up of the church body, where resources are primarily allocated toward charity and missions, verses the demands of building costs and maintenance that detract from the main focus.
(2) We believe that ministry is done at a personal level, which is difficult when a large congregation gathers. Jesus ministered to twelve individuals, training them, and equipping them before sending them out to do the same.
(3) We believe in modeling the New Testament church, where the church gathered in the home (see Philemon 1:2, Romans 16:5, Acts 12:12, 1 Corinthians 16:19, Colossians 4:15).
(4) We believe that growth comes through multiplication. As a cell group reaches a certain number of people, additional leaders are raised-up and trained to start another cell group. The focus of each cell group is not to grow in numbers, but to multiply so that ministry continues at a personal level.
(5) The home fosters authentic relationships, which we believe are vital to the strength and spiritual growth of the church body (see Matthew 5:23). Worship that comes from a body of believers who are in relationship with each other is an experience like no other! (John 4:24).
(6) On a regular basis, all of the cell groups come together for a "Celebration Service" which brings the entire body together into corporate worship.
Our Sunday services (or gatherings) consist of fellowship, a time of worship and prayer, the study of God's Word, and planning for outreach projects. We often come together for fellowship during the week for such things as swim parties, movie nights, dinners, etc.
Children are a vital part of our church. At such a young age, this is the time to instill Biblical truth's in children. At The Well, children participate during fellowship and worship time. They break into their own group during the lesson time and are led by an adult in a message tailored for children.
We have a room setup for children's church.